Thursday, 4 November 2010
After tirelessly fundraising and planning an extravaganza, Ladyfest Ten is nearly upon us!
From Friday 12th til Sunday 14th November, London will play host to Ladyfest's 10 year anniversary, celebrating an entire decade of feminist arts and diy activism.
We will literally be spoilt for choice with a programme fit to burst with exciting events, live music, workshops, comedy, performance and theatre and a hell of a lot more! For full listings (still being added to), click HERE.
If Ladyfest is a new concept to you, READ UP! Many of our all-time favourite bands and artists started out with involvement in Ladyfest's (inc. Sleater-Kinney, Bangs & the Gossip), and the 'fest's continue inspire and unite feminists everywhere.
The Ladyfest Ten Manifesto:
"With Ladyfest Ten, we want to celebrate ten years of international diversity, support and discourse amongst feminist communities, comprised of artists, musicians, creatives and activists. In hosting this festival, we aim to:
10. Provide an original platform for iconic, established and emerging artists, comedians, musicians, filmmakers, thinkers, performers, crafters, writers, poets, dancers and more.
9. Highlight the continuing social, political and artistic impact and influence of DIY culture.
8. Continue to identify and engage with global feminisms.
7. Establish and strengthen connectivity across international Ladyfest movements.
6. Acknowledge our roots in diverse and inclusive counter-cultures.
5. Be a resource and point of inspiration, advocating the need for alternative role models.
4. Promote and develop participation and voluntary action as tools to empower individuals and communities.
3. Challenge established ideals, perceptions and boundaries through championing transgressive activism.
2. Encourage and support future evolutions/revolutions by building a positive legacy.
1. Celebrate the tenth birthday of Ladyfest in style: “If I can’t dance, it’s not my revolution”.
For tickets and more, visit the Ladyfest Ten SITE